Mediterranean Cruise Advice
The Mediterranean Cruise Advice website aims to give you practical information on what to do and see at a variety of Mediterranean Cruise ports, allowing you to make the most of your time at each destination.
With only a day to spend in each port, cruises to the Mediterranean need to be well planned. We suggest different ways to spend your time, budget, weather and inclination permitting.
We cover a selection of ports visited by the major Mediterranean cruise lines using exhaustive research carried out by ourselves and our network of hard working investigators!
|P&O Azura on a Mediterranean cruise
This site covers both Mediterranean and Adriatic ports, listed
under countries for ease of navigation. Make sure you check out the pages on each location for our tips on what to see, what to do and how to get around all the major Mediterranean cruise ports.
Or, if you prefer, you can download our information onto your Kindle or Nook ready to take with you on your cruise.
Our Favourite Ports
See below for a brief selection of some of our favourite ports and what we like to do when visiting:
- One of the most lively cities in Europe
- Easy to get around on foot or by the inexpensive and efficient Metro
- Must see sights include Sagrada Famila, Casa Battlo and Las Ramblas
- Take a Taxi from outside the port building to the Old Town and then walk back
- Walk the walls - best to do this early in the morning in the summer as it gets very hot
- Wander the narrow streets within the city to get a real feel for the history
- Lots of shops and cafes to visit
- Visit the museum and churches
- Go up the cable car to view the city from the hillside that surrounds Dubrovnik
- Get up early for the sail in to the only fjord in the Mediterranean
- Wander around the small market town
- Walk the city walls which climb up into the hillside
- Sit on deck and watch the yachts and their occupants
- The sail in and out of Venice is not to be missed
- If you have never been before then St Marks Square, the Basilica and the Doge's Palace are a must
- But if this is a return visit or you have a stop over - take the time to explore the streets and small bridges away from the main tourist sites.
- Villefranche is a beautiful mooring – where you will be tendered ashore
- Nice Beach (a bit crowded)
- Catch the train to Cannes/Nice/Monte Carlo
- Taxi to Villa Ephrussi
We hope you enjoy the cities/ports that you choose to visit and find our information useful on your Mediterranean cruise.